This Privacy Notice governs your use of the Roman and Williams Guild New York website, www.rwguild.com (which we refer to as the “site,” which term also refers to any content, functionality and services offered on or through the site).
BY USING THE SITE, COMPLETING THE REGISTRATION PROCESS, PLACING AN ORDER, OR OTHERWISE PROVIDING US WITH ANY OF YOUR INFORMATION, YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE TO OUR COLLECTION, PROCESSING AND USE OF YOUR INFORMATION AS DESCRIBED IN THIS PRIVACY NOTICE. If you do not agree with these terms and would prefer that we not collect, use, or disclose your information as we describe, you should not use the site or provide us with any information.
- OUR COMMITMENT TO PRIVACY
The site is owned and operated by Center for Goods, LLC, d/b/a Roman and Williams Guild, NY (who we refer to, together with our affiliates, as “the Guild,” “Roman and Williams Guild,” “Roman and Williams,” “RW Guild,” “us,” “we,” or “our,” depending on the context).
We take the personal privacy of users of the site seriously. References in this Privacy Notice to “you” and “your” refer to you as a visitor to and user of the site.
This Privacy Notice explains:
- What information we collect and how we collect that information,
- How we use the information we collect,
- When we may share information we collect, and
- Your choices regarding how to access and update information.
This Privacy Notice applies only to information provided and collected through your use of the site, including any associated mobile applications and community forums, ratings and review features, and other interactive services that may be offered on or through the site from time to time. However, this Privacy Notice does not apply to information that we or other users of the site may collect through other means (such as through purchases made at our physical retail locations or through other websites that we do not control, such as social media sites).
- TYPES OF INFORMATION
Before we explain the ways in which we collect information, we want to define the different categories that information falls into. Note that certain information may fall into more than one category, but may be treated differently depending on how or why that information is being collected or used.
Personally Identifiable Information. Also called PII, the term “Personally Identifiable Information” refers to information that we could use to personally identify you, a specific individual. Different states define Personally Identifiable Information to include different things, but PII generally includes information like your name, mailing address, e-mail address, phone number, and/or billing information. It may also include your computer or mobile device IP address if that IP address can be used to identify a particular person, or geo-location information, again if that information can be used to pinpoint a specific party.
Billing Information. Billing information is information that would allow us (or a third party payment processor) to process a payment under one of your bank, credit card, or other financial accounts, such as a credit card number, bank account number, or access codes for financial accounts.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information. Non-personally identifiable information, or NPII, refers to all of the information that we collect through the site that is not PII. NPII includes demographic information (described further below). In addition, it includes information such as your IP address, browser type, domain information, site access time(s), and referring website address(es), when such information is not tied to a specific person. NPII is not used to personally identify a particular individual.
Demographic Information. Demographic information is information about the statistical characteristics of a particular population, such as visitors to our site and the makeup of our subscriber base. Demographic information includes ZIP code information, age, gender, income level, education level, employment status, and the like. While this information may define how you fit into a particular group of people, it is not unique to you, and it cannot be used (without other information) to specifically identify you.
- How We May Collect and Use Non-Personally Identifiable Information
Automatically-Collected NPII. Like many websites, our site automatically collects NPII when you visit the site. We use the non-personally identifiable information that we collect to provide and maintain the quality of the site and its features, to understand traffic on the site, to provide technical support, to administer the site, and to analyze user behavior. We use this information to better understand how the site is used and improve the functionality, performance and effectiveness of the site and our users’ experience. We also use this information, particularly demographic information, to understand the general makeup of our user base and other visitors to our site, and to better direct our marketing and consumer sales efforts.
Information Collected through Cookies and Similar Files. When you use the site, we may store some information on your computer in the form of a “cookie” or similar file. “Cookies” are small data text files that are either used for the duration of a session (“session cookies”) or saved on a user’s hard drive (“persistent cookies”). Session cookies identify users logging onto the site, and these cookies are deleted from the user’s server soon after the session ends and are not collected or saved. Persistent cookies will be saved on your server, and will recognize you when you return to the site, store user preferences, and analyze user behavior. Like other automatically collected data, information collected through cookies is not used to personally identify you.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually change your browser’s settings to prevent that or to notify you when a cookie is being placed on your browser. Because each browser is different, you should look at your browser’s “Help” menu to learn how to modify these settings. If you do disable cookies this may make your experiences on the site less efficient.
Web Beacons. We may use web beacons, alone or with cookies, to compile information about visitor usage of our site and interactions with emails from us. Web beacons are clear electronic images that can recognize certain types of information on your computer, such as cookies, when you view a particular website tied to the beacon. For example, we may place a web beacon in marketing emails that notify us when you click on a link in the email that directs you to our site. We use web beacons to operate and improve our site and our communications.
Pixel Tags. We may also use pixel tags, which are tiny graphic images, to help us analyze your online behavior. Pixel tags also will allow us to send you email in a format you can read and let us know when you have opened an email message from us. We may use pixel tags to collect information about your visit, including the pages you view, the links you click and other actions taken in connection with our web site and our services.
Website Analytics. We may use third-party software and website analytics services (such as Google Analytics) in connection with providing you with services through the site, including, for example, to register mouse clicks, mouse movements, scrolling activity, and other activity on the site. To our knowledge, these analytics services generally do not track your browsing habits across websites.
- How We May Collect and Use PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE Information
In order for us to provide you with certain services through the site, we may need to know more information about you. Some of this information may fall into the category of Personally Identifiable Information, or PII.
We may obtain PII from you in a few different ways:
- Registered Customer Information: You have the option to create an account on our site, which you can use to make and track purchases or subscribe to publications. When you create an account, you will be asked to provide your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, and other enrollment information. The information that you provide as a subscriber will be used to manage your subscription, to fulfill orders you place, and otherwise to communicate with you about your subscription and our services.
- Our “Contact Us” Features: When you send us an email using any “Contact Us,” “Inquiry,” or similar page or link to a Roman and Williams and/or RW Guild email domain on the site, we will have access to your email address and any other information you choose to include in the message. We will use this information to respond to your inquiry.
- Payment and Account Features: When you place orders on the site, the site will collect and process your billing information information as a part of processing and completing your order. This information will, as necessary, be shared with the associated bank or other payment party in connection with the submission, processing, and administration of such payment(s). We do not, however, store payment card numbers.
- Information About Others. If you purchase an item as a gift, we will collect the names and addresses or your gift recipients. We will use this information to fulfill and ship your gift order.
- Other Information. If you participate in a survey, contest, promotion, or interactive area of our site, we will collect any PII that you include as a part of your participation.
We may also use the PII we collect through the site to help us customize your user experience, to increase the convenience of accessing tools and features of the site, and to provide you with information regarding your subscription, our products and services, and other related products and services, including those we may offer in the future.
You are in control over whether you provide us with any PII, or other information that you may consider sensitive or personal, through the site. If you are not comfortable with providing any information, you should not provide it. That will affect our ability to provide you with services through the site; however, that is your choice.
- HOW WE MAY SHARE INFORMATION
We may share information with third parties in the following circumstances:
- We may share your information, including PII, so that we or others may provide you with periodic mailings, or may contact you via the telephone, regarding products, services, or events. If you do not wish for us to share your information in this manner, please let us know by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We may share your information, including PII, with our corporate affiliates for our respective business purposes.
- We may provide information, including PII, to our trusted service providers who use that information only to conduct business on our behalf. For example, they may handle our payment processing, data management and email distribution. We provide these service providers only with the information they need to perform their services, and work with them to respect and protect your privacy.
- We will share PII with third parties for other purposes if we have your express “opt-in” consent to do so.
- If you post information using any interactive features of our site, such as a review page or blog comment, that post will be shared with the general public (i.e., anyone who views your post).
- We may share information, including PII, in connection with, during negotiations of, or as a part of the closing of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, litigation or similar proceeding, in which personal information about the users of our site is among the assets transferred.
- We may shared de-identified information, such as demographic information or aggregate information, with our advertisers and marketing partners for business purposes, such as the development of marketing campaigns.
We do not sell, rent, or lease any PII that we collect about you through the site to anyone for any purpose, other than as disclosed.
- SOCIAL SHARING FEATURES
Our site may offer social network sharing features, such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest buttons, which let you share information related to your purchases and other participation on the site through other media. Depending on how you use those features and your settings with the social network provider(s), the information you share will be available to others, including your friends and/or the public. For more information about how your information may be shared through those social networks, you should review the privacy policies of those social networks.
- DO NOT TRACK REQUESTS; THIRD PARTY SERVICES
Do Not Track. Currently, certain browsers, including Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari and Internet Explorer, offer a “do not track” (or, “DNT”) option. This option, using a technology known as a DNT header, sends a signal to websites visited by the user about the user’s DNT preference, if any, set on the browser. We do not currently commit to responding to browsers’ DNT signals. We cannot make this commitment because no common industry standard for DNT has been adopted by industry groups, technology companies, or regulators.
We cannot control any third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
- Our Security Measures
We use a variety of industry-standard security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information, including measures designed to secure your personally identifiable information and your payment information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. Unfortunately, no electronic data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, we cannot guarantee the security of any information. This is especially true for information that is transmitted via e-mail that is unprotected until it reaches our servers.
- COMMUNICATION PREFERENCES
You can opt out of receiving communications from us by selecting “unsubscribe” in the contact form on the site and submitting it to us or by emailing us at email@example.com. However, please note that notwithstanding your email preferences, we may need to contact you as required by law or regarding legal matters.
If you discover that any information you submitted to us is wrong, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to update that information.
- A NOTE ABOUT CHILDREN
Our site is not targeted to, and RW Guild has no interest in collecting information from, children under the age of 13, and we do not knowingly gather any personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13. If you are a parent or legal guardian who believes that your minor child provided us with any personal information, please contact us at email@example.com.
- YOUR RIGHT TO CERTAIN INFORMATION
Certain state law, such as California law, permits individuals to request certain details about our disclosure of their personal information to third parties for direct marketing purposes. If you would like to make such a request, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- VISITING OUR WEBSITE FROM OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES
Our site is intended for a United States audience. If you are visiting this site from outside the United States, please be aware that your information may be transferred to, stored, and processed in the United States where our servers are located and our site is operated. We make no representation that the practices we describe are compliant with the laws of other jurisdictions, including laws that apply to the collection, use, disclosure, and security of personally identifiable information
- CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
Because of changes in technology and practices, this Privacy Notice, and our security and other policies may change from time to time. Please consult this portion of the site for important changes to the Privacy Notice as they occur. It is our practice to post any changes we make to this Privacy Notice on this page, but it is your responsibility to check this Privacy Notice for updates. By using the site after we post any changes to this Privacy Notice, you agree to accept those changes, whether or not you have reviewed them, and such acceptance shall be deemed legally conclusive. If at any time you choose not to accept the terms of this Privacy Notice, you should not use the site, nor should you provide information about yourself to us.